Operations - Field - Helper
Why work with us?
At Impact Fire, we are a group of hardworking, dedicated fire protection professionals committed to protecting lives and property from fire. Our cohesive team spirit and customer service-oriented culture are expressed in all that we do. We operate with the belief that every team member plays a critical role in our success. We operate in 30+ district office locations across the United States, supporting industries ranging from retail and healthcare to education and restaurants.
Please text “ImpactFire” to 512-722-7592 to connect with Ember, Impact Fire’s Recruiting Assistant, to learn more about this position and the company.
Benefits of joining Impact Fire Services
When you join Impact Fire you will receive:
Career Advancement Opportunities
Competitive benefits, including healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off and holidays
Company paid short and long-term disability
Immediately vested in our 401(k) company match
Exceptional guidance and support from our managers
Collaborative culture & environment
Robust training opportunities with company reimbursement upon achieving required licensing
Apprenticeship programs for fire sprinkler, fire alarm and inspection positions
Opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the fire protection industry
This position is considered a trainee who is learning the mechanics of fire suppression system installation/service. Responsibilities include assisting in the inspection, service, installation, and maintenance on commercial suppression systems and fire extinguishers in accordance with federal, state, and local requirements and under the direction of the Lead Technician. This position is responsible for site clean-up, unloading, staging, and distributing work material to other employees at a job site; assisting in maintaining a clean, well-organized vehicle and ensuring a safe environment for his/herself, co-workers, and customers.
• Work with the Lead Technician to achieve any tasks necessary to complete work on a given job site in a timely, effective manner.
• Learn applicable fire protection codes and obtain applicable state licensing.
• Protect and maintain company equipment.
• Work in a safe manner as outlined by company safety procedures including the driving, personal protective equipment, and lockout/tag-out policies.
• Maintain their vehicle in accordance with company procedures and ensure it is clean and organized.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by management.
• Ability to follow verbal work instructions/directions.
• Capable of working independently and completing duties and projects with moderate supervision.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment while under pressure to meet expected time frames.
• Demonstrate the initiative to learn skills of the trade. • Ability to learn applicable installation, inspection, and servicing codes.
• Ability to perform physical activities outlined in the accompanying physical requirements checklist.
• Ability to read labels, signage and directions along with basic math computation skills.
• Demonstrate strong customer service orientation.
• Strong organization skills, positive attitude, and ability to quickly learn.
• Ability to adhere to safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
• Capable of passing a pre-employment background and drug test.
• Applicable experience in either the fire protection or the commercial customer service business in some capacity
• A commercial sprinkler systems background or a basic level of comfort and knowledge with pipe fitting, electrical work, and commercial sprinkler system fittings
• An ability to provide services across multiple product lines
• Working habits and personal appearance which are both neat and well organized
•Ability to become licensed in Kitchen Suppression and Fire Extinguishers
Successful completion of a drug test and pre-employment background screening is required. MVR checks are required for all driving positions.
We look forward to talking with you about career opportunities with Impact Fire Services. For consideration, please apply on-line.
Employment with an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) including disability/veterans.
- Pay Type Hourly
Friday, October 27, 2023